Easy to make nourishing slice that’s perfect for lunch, picnics or with salad. Serve hot or cold. Make in bulk for freezing and reheating for any meal! Experiment with the flavours and add your own additional ingredients.
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp dried rosemary
450g courgette, grated (approximately 2 cups)
250g sweet potato, peeled and grated (approximately 1 cup)
1 cup (150g) almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
sea salt and cracked black pepper
5 eggs, lightly beaten
1 packet of feta, crumbled
Cherry tomatoes to top
Extra Optional Ingredients
1½ cups frozen peas
2 tablespoons pesto
1 cup baby spinach
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Grease and line baking dish (20cm x 30cm).
- If you have a food processor you can whip up this recipe super quick by using your grater blade and grate sweet potato, courgette, onion and garlic.
- Mix courgette, sweet potato, almond meal, rosemary, feta cheese, baking powder and salt and pepper ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make well in the mixture, add eggs and mix well.
- Spread evenly in baking tin, or whatever dish you have. Top with halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake 40-50 minutes. This will depend on your dish you used, the slice is cooked once you insert a skewer and it comes out clean.
Recipe credit: Food Matters TV