A super quick dish to prepare and perfect comfort food. Serve with a spoonful of Greek yoghurt, chopped coriander leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and rice.
Prep: 10 mins / Cooking: 30 mins
60ml olive oil, plus extra to serve
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 2cm pieces
Salt & Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp caraway seeds
1.5 tsp ground cumin
200g swiss chard, cut into 1cm thick strips
1 tin of chickpeas (400g), drained and rinsed
1 lemon cut in half – one half juiced to get 1 tbsp, the other cut into 2 wedges to serve
80g Greek yoghurt or non-dairy yoghurt
5g coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Optional: Serve with rice
- Heat the oven to 200C/390F/gas 6.
- In a bowl, toss the carrots with two tablespoons of oil, a quarter teaspoon of salt and a good grind of black pepper.
- Spread out on an oven tray lined with baking paper, then roast for 20 mins. They should still be a little crunchy.
- Heat the remaining two tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat, then fry the onion, caraway and cumin for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally until golden brown. Add the swiss chard, cooked carrots, chickpeas, 75ml water, half a teaspoon of salt and a good grind of black pepper. Mix through and cook for 5 minutes until the swiss chard is soft and just about all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Off the heat, stir in the lemon juice, then serve with a generous spoonful of yoghurt, a sprinkling of coriander, a drizzle of oil and a wedge of lemon. For extra comfort during winter you can serve with rice.