A tasty recipe for Spring using seasonal asparagus, radishes, spring onions and peas. The mustard and orange dressing gives the dish some zing! Serve with wild rice, fresh bread or new potatoes.
Prep: 15 mins / Cooking: 20 mins
250g asparagus, woody ends snapped off
1 bunch of spring onions
150g radishes, halved with tops left on
2 garlic cloves, peeled and bashed
Salt and black pepper
200g fresh or frozen peas
1 small bunch of dill, leaves picked
For the dressing
Juice and zest of 1 unwaxed orange
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Heat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
- Boil the eggs in a pan of salted water for 5 mins, then drain and run under the cold tap to cool. Peel when cool enough to handle.
- Arrange the asparagus, spring onions, radishes and garlic on a roasting tray, drizzle with a little olive oil. Season, then roast for 10-15 mins until the asparagus is just tender and the radishes still have a little bite. Add the peas while everything is still hot and toss (pre-cook the peas if you are using frozen).
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar or small bowl. Season, then shake or whisk to mix. Toss the warm salad in a little of the dressing.
- Divide between four plates with the soft boiled eggs sliced in half, and top with the dill and a drizzle of the dressing.
- Serve with wild rice, fresh bread or new potatoes.
Recipe inspired by Anna Jones, The Modern Cook in The Guardian Feast.