This is a super simple nutritious recipe that you can adapt dependant on the ingredients available to you. I like to add a variety of beans such as butter beans and kidney beans. So much taste for so little effort!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
2 red peppers, seeded and sliced
2 yellow peppers, seeded and sliced
2 red onions, sliced
2 medium courgettes, cut into chunks
4 tbsp olive oil
500g cooked butter beans
400g cherry tomatoes
200g feta cheese, roughly cubed
A handful of pine nuts (optional)
Rocket salad or mixed baby leaf salad to serve
Salt & black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas mark 4.
- Put all the prepared vegetables into a large roasting tin, add the olive oil and gently toss the vegetables to coat.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are nearly tender, then give them a gentle stir and add the butter beans, whole cherry tomatoes, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, feta cheese, pine nuts and some seasoning.
- Return the vegetables to the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with the salad leaves on top.